Built in 1862, Chestnut Hall hosts the Thorold & Beaverdams Historical Society monthly meetings from September through June, as well as the Thorold Museum.
This beautiful stone building was once home to John McDonagh, who struck it rich in the California gold fields in the early 1850s. He became local lumber merchant and the Reeve of the "Village of Thorold" from 1881 to 1884.
Hours of Operation
Please call ahead for hours of operation.
Chestnut Hall is located next to the Thorold Public Library with parking in the rear.
Designated under Part 1V of the Ontario Heritage Act. http://www.hpd.mcl.gov.on.ca/scripts/hpdsearch/english/popupSearch.asp?pid=8958
The Thorold Museum is partially accessible.
2 Vine Street
Thorold & Beaverdams Historical Society and Museum
Tel (905) 984-4435
© 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on this website is the copyright property of Brock University
and Tourism Niagara
. All other information is the copyright property of its respective owner(s).