The Masonic Lodge was one of the first buildings erected after the town was surveyed in 1791. The role of the lodge was of importance to the infant community, as it was used for church services, agricultural society meetings and was the site of the opening of the first session of the first Parliament of Upper Canada.
The original lodge was burned in 1813. The new building, erected on the site in 1816, was used as a store, a school and military barracks until the 1870s when the freemasons bought the barracks and refitted it, thus returning to their original site.
Hours of Operation
Not open to the public, except for the Doors Open festival.
Doors Open Niagara: www.doorsopenniagara.com/notl/notl_mh.htm
Niagara Falls Library General Photograph Collection: www.nflibrary.ca/nfplindex/show.asp?b=1&ref=oo&id=95996