The pumphouse is located in Forty Mile Creek Park on Lake Ontario and has an airconditioned hall available for rental. It is 24’ x 40’ and holds 70 - 80 people depending upon the configuration.
QEW exit 71, Grimsby (Ontario Street)
Ontario Street north
Left on Olive Street
Right on Elizabeth Street and follow north to the driveway at the end of the street
Parking lot is on the right at the Pumphouse.
GAMRU, Grimsby marine rescue needs volunteer crew members.� Call 905-945-3087 or go to the Grimsby pumphouse any Wednesday evening at 7:00 pm.
Lakeside Pumphouse Artists meet Wednesdays at the Pumphouse from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.� New members are welcome.� Please call 905-945-3332. Yoga Sukha classes with Audrey Gajic takes place at the Pumphouse
"Constructed in 1905, this municipal waterworks facility was in continuous use until the early 1990s.� The pump house site is the location of the Battle of the Forty which took place on June 8, 1813; a historical plaque commemorates the event."� A Tour of GrimsbyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Designated Heritage Sites
The Elizabeth Street Waterworks is an excellent example of a 20th century waterworks facility.� The building was constructed of brick and shows an asymmetrical composition of Romanesque character.� Replaced by a new waterworks in 1998, the building locally known as the Pumphouse, was partially restored by the town and the Historical Society for public use.
There are about 1.7 km of trails tracing the banks of Forty Mile Creek at its mouth.� The greenways are contained within the Forty Mile Creek Park which is north of Olive Street and Lake Street, and just east of Elizabeth Street.